- The Bulan Airport in Sorsogon is a P15-million project that will provide tourists better access to the famous Butanding or whale sharks. The parcellary survey is already complete, while the runway upgrading is in the bidding stage and right-of-way acquisition is ongoing. Target completion date of the whole project is in 2008. See SONA 2007 Executive Summary/ Technical Report for other national projects.
- P300-M domestic airport to rise in southern tip of Luzon . For Full Report Visit sorsogonweb.com.
- Learn to know more about Jose G. Solis, Representative, Sorsogon, 2nd District. Chairperson Bicol Recovery And Economic Development. See his Profile.
- Airport Development News by ACI World
- Bulan Airport Satellite Photo
- Bulan Sorsogon Airport Map Satellite Photo
- Bulan Airport Development Project 2008 DOTC Invitation To Bid
- For now, listen to Radyo Patrol Bulan - with guest Congressman Solis _Interview
P300-M domestic airport to rise in southern tip of Luzon
By Danny Calleja
BULAN, Sorsogon—A P300-million commercial air transport hub will soon rise at a vast plain of this prime coastal town as one component of the government’s P15.5-billion eight-airport project set for completion this year.
It will be called the Bulan Domestic Airport and preparations for the full-blown implementation of this project such as site and right-of-way acquisitions and architectural surveys, among others, have been completed and “we are only awaiting the initial release of funds so that the construction proper is started,” Sorsogon Second District Rep. Jose Solis said over the weekend.
Once completed and made operational, this facility will formalize Bicol’s entry into the five super regions in the country with enhanced competitive advantages in terms of tourism and efficient mode of transport for goods and passengers, Solis said.
This eight-airport project that includes one in Casiguran, Quezon; Kalibo, Aklan; Iloilo; Bacolod; Western Visayas; Siargao, Ozamis and Cotabato is part of the 31 priority airport projects costing P94.37 billion that are targeted to be completed by 2011 under the government’s Medium-Term Public Investment Program (MTPIP).
Under this program, 10 new airports would be constructed and 21 others would be improved as among the social paybacks from the implementation of fiscal and other economic reforms of the Arroyo administration, Solis said.
At least 16 of them are in the Central Philippines, six in the North Luzon Agribusiness Quadrangle, seven in Mindanao and two in the Luzon Urban Beltway that would improve the transport of agricultural products and provide access to key tourism destinations nationwide, he said.
Insofar as Bicol region is concerned, Solis said Bulan Airport would not only decongest the existing Legazpi Domestic Airport in Albay but serve as the main facility for air cargoes and passengers coming in and going out of Sorsogon and Ticao Island of Masbate.
*Source: Business Mirror